- This event has passed.
Hedy and Yumi Schleifer’s NEW Adventure in Intimacy Couples Workshop
June 22, 2018 @ 9:00 am - June 24, 2018 @ 6:00 pm£215 - £995
Learn effective communication skills, and “dissolve” relationship problems at Hedy and Yumi Schleifer’s all inclusive residential couples retreat, called the NEW Adventure In Intimacy (24 CPD hours).
The Relational Space is the first of three invisible connectors you will learn at the workshop. Watch this short video about the Relational Space:
At the NEW Adventure in Intimacy you will discover and learn:
- to view conflict as a friend since it is a potential launching pad for growth
- that daily annoying frustrations can become powerful vehicles for productive change
- how learning more about your partner’s history strengthens your relationship and transforms the two of you into a team
- to reclaim your ability to have authentic conversations that can move you from automatic unconscious re-activity to intentional, conscious action
- how your transformed connection will reignite your ability to have fun, romance, intimacy, and passion, and reawaken your sensuality
- that a conscious relationship will allow you to reclaim your empathy (your ability to “step into your partner’s shoes”).
- that creating a conscious relationship, can affect all your connections including family, co-workers, and especially your children.
Whether you are married, engaged, beginning a new relationship, or in a committed partnership (gay or straight), you will learn how to become each other’s best friend, and how to create a relationship that is safe, passionate, and long lasting.
This workshop teaches you skills not only for transforming your marriage/partnership, but also for creating stronger connections with your kids, extended family and colleagues. The more couples learn to apply these skills to all of their relationships, the more and easier it will be for our communities to become more vibrant, and more pulsating with life.
The NEW Adventure in Intimacy will teach you seven basic principles and seven essential rituals. Watch this video on “Dissolving Frustrations” which is one of the seven principles & rituals learned in the workshop:
During this fast paced, three-day marriage seminar, you will receive expert relationship advice and guidance for a healthy relationship. Couples on the edge will be empowered to take their relationship to a higher level, to step on the breaks and stop divorce, to turn a page, to start anew, and to create a dream marriage. Join Hedy and Yumi and spice up your relationship with joy, fun and renewed passion.
Whatever stage your relationship is in, the Adventure In Intimacy workshop will:
- Help you and your partner re-establish real communication
- Transform your frustrations into vehicles for change
- Increase the zest and passion in your relationship
- Inspire you to experience the Miracle of Connection™.
This workshop is designed to create a safe and comfortable environment for all participants. You will work alone or with your partner and will not be required to share anything with the rest of the group. Confidentiality is respected and preserved throughout the workshop.
The workshop is based on the relational philosophy of Martin Buber, the positive change approaches of Appreciative Inquiry and Re-evaluation Counseling, the latest research about Relational Neuro-Biology, and adaptations of processes from Imago Relationship Therapy. Other significant influences in the development of the NEW Adventure in Intimacy workshop are Hedy and Yumi’s marriage and Judaic background. Their marriage continues serving as the laboratory for the ongoing evolution of skills for the development of Relational Intelligence and Relational Maturity of couples.
Give yourself the treat of tasting the sweetness of reconnecting with your partner, in a way that you dreamed about and wished for, but did not think possible.
Who Should Attend:
All couples, at all stages of their relationships, including:
- Couples undecided about staying together
- Couples moving toward divorce or who are already separated and want to know if it is worth putting any energy into saving the relationship
- Couples in the early stages of a relationship and are looking at the possibility of marriage or a deeper commitment in their relationship
- Couples preparing for marriage, or for persons who have been married before and wish to learn how to avoid repeating past mistakes
- Couples who feel “stuck” or stagnant in their relationship and want to renew the intimacy with their partner
- Couples who want to make a “good” relationship even richer and more fulfilling
- Couples who wish to create a better climate for the development of their children
- Psychologists, mental health counselors, social workers, and professional counselors, with their partners, who want to experience the power of Encounter-centered Couples Therapy. This workshop is approved for 25 CPD hours.
22-24 June 2018, 9:00-18:00 daily
De Vere Theobalds Estate, Lieutenant Ellis Way, Cheshunt EN7 5HW
£995 per couple. Full board accommodation included.
A £350 deposit per couple is required to secure your booking. The balance may be paid at registration OR in three installments of £215 each due on 1st March, 1st April and 1st May.
Your fee covers: 3 days tuition for two; two NEW Adventure in Intimacy manuals; unlimited tea, coffee and refreshments throughout your stay as well as the following:
Friday 22nd June – light lunch, dinner and double room per couple.
Saturday 23rd June – breakfast, light lunch, dinner and double room per couple.
Sunday 24th June – breakfast and light lunch.
Please note the £350 registration fee is non-refundable. Remaining fees will be refunded for cancellations before 27th April (8 weeks prior to the workshop start day). There will be no refund for cancellations after this.
*Please note that the presenters may be filmed during the training.